Broaden your selection: Category/Web-authoring
- ASPSeek is an Internet search engine. It consists of an indexing robot, a search daemon, and a CGI search frontend. It Supports Webspaces, which means that the user can combine and perfrom searches within several Web sites simultaneously, instead of browsing each site individually. It can index as many as a few million URLs and search for words and phrases, use wildcards, and do a Boolean search. Search results can be limited to time period given, site or Web space (set of sites) and sorted by relevance (PageRanks are used) or date. ASPSeek is optimized for multiple sites (threaded index, async DNS lookups, grouping results by site), but can be used for searching one site as well. Other features include stopwords and ispell support, a charset and language guesser, HTML templates for search results, excerpts, and query words highlighting.
- Conflux is a data collection and management suite. Conflux can:
- help you perform searches which best meet your result needs, across a number of search services
- help you retain a list of search results for later use
- help share research material among a team or workgroup
- help you organize useful searches and search results into groups (bundles)
- help you maintain a list of the resources you use most, giving you access to this list from a central location
- Conflux allows you to submit searches to be performed, either immediately or later, by the Conflux collector. Once the search has been performed, you will have ready access to the URLs of the results provided by the search engine. Using Conflux, you can manage your past searches, better keeping track of materials you have found useful, aiding you in submitting follow-up searches. Both searches and search results may be bundled together, permitting you to best organize your information how you see fit. Best of all, you may enable your entire team to use Conflux, sharing the benefits of your research. The Conflux suite currently consists of a PHP3 frontend, a MySQL database schema, and a perl 'collector' (which may be run as a daemon, from cron or standalone).
- DataparkSearch is an Internet and Intranet search engine tool. Key features:
- Support for http, https, ftp, nntp and news URL schemes.
- htdb virtual URL scheme support for indexing SQL databases.
- text/html, text/xml, text/plain, audio/mpeg (MP3) and image/gif mime types built-in support.
- External parsers support for other document types.
- Ability to index multilangual sites using content negotiagion.
- Searching all of the word forms using ispell affixes and dictionaries.
- Stopwords and synonyms lists.
- Boolean query language support.
- Results sorting by relevancy, popularity rank, last modified time and by importance (a multiplication of relevancy and popularity rank).
- Various character sets support.
- Accent insensitive search.
- Phrases segmenting for Chinese, Japanese, Korean, and Thai.
- mod_dpsearch - search module for Apache web server.
- Internationalized Domain Names support
- Doodle quickly searches the documents on a computer, then builds an index using meta-data contained in the documents and allows fast searches on the resulting database. It supports approximate searches and full-text indexing, and comes with a library for accessing the doodle database and making it easy to integrate doodle's functionality into other applications or user interfaces. Users can keep the doodle database always up-to-date by updating the database on-the-fly by using 'doodled' and 'fam' whenever files on the system change. They can also build one doodle database for all users on a multi-user system without compromising user privacy.
- DuckDuckGo (HTML SSL)
- DuckDuckGo is the search engine that doesn't track you.
- DuckDuckGo (Lite SSL)
- DuckDuckGo is the search engine that doesn't track you. We also have smarter answers and less clutter. This extension adds DuckDuckGo (non-JS Lite version) to the search bar. For more features, see the DuckDuckGo Plus add-on. Enjoy!
- Free Software Directory search
- The Free Software Directory is a catalog of useful free software that runs under free operating systems. FSF staff and volunteers work together to collect detailed information about free software programs and organize it in a clear and accessible format. This is a search plugin for the Free Software Directory. A program is free software if the program's users have the four essential freedoms: 1) The freedom to run the program as you wish, for any purpose (freedom 0). 2) The freedom to study how the program works, and change it so it does your computing as you wish (freedom 1). Access to the source code is a precondition for this. 3) The freedom to redistribute copies so you can help your neighbor (freedom 2). 4) The freedom to distribute copies of your modified versions to others (freedom 3). By doing this you can give the whole community a chance to benefit from your changes. Access to the source code is a precondition for this.
- The GNU Image Finding Tool is a Content Based Image Retrieval System (CBIRS). You can do Query By Example on images, giving you the opportunity to improve query results by relevance feedback. The program relies entirely on the content of the images to process queries, so you needn't annotate images before querying the collection. It comes with a tool which lets you index whole directory trees containing images in one go. You then can use the GIFT server and its clients to browse your own image collections.
- Google guesses the original language, and guesses your language based on your browser's user agent string.
- Googleware automatically queries Google. User are notified by mail each time a new entry is found, and can browse query results with any regular Web browser.
Permission is granted to copy, distribute and/or modify this document under the terms of the GNU Free Documentation License, Version 1.3 or any later version published by the Free Software Foundation; with no Invariant Sections, no Front-Cover Texts, and no Back-Cover Texts. A copy of the license is included in the page “GNU Free Documentation License”.
The copyright and license notices on this page only apply to the text on this page. Any software or copyright-licenses or other similar notices described in this text has its own copyright notice and license, which can usually be found in the distribution or license text itself.