Free Software Directory:Design
We are continually improving every aspect of the Free Software Directory. This page is to help drive our focus around the important ways we can improve the look and feel of the Directory.
If you would like to help get involved in improving the directory, here are some ways to get started:
- Sign-up to the discussion mailing list, and share your thoughts and ideas with others.
- Stuck? Got a question? Leave a message on Josh's Talk page
Top Design Tasks
Create a logo
- Ideally we will have a few different sized logos that can be used throughout the site.
Redesign the Skin
- It would be nice to have a standard set of art, buttons, and color scheme used across the site.
- We should try to reduce the overall use of inline CSS.
- Entry pages, forms, and lists of results on category pages could be greatly improved.
- Lots of room for improvement here!
Permission is granted to copy, distribute and/or modify this document under the terms of the GNU Free Documentation License, Version 1.3 or any later version published by the Free Software Foundation; with no Invariant Sections, no Front-Cover Texts, and no Back-Cover Texts. A copy of the license is included in the page “GNU Free Documentation License”.
The copyright and license notices on this page only apply to the text on this page. Any software or copyright-licenses or other similar notices described in this text has its own copyright notice and license, which can usually be found in the distribution or license text itself.