Reviews: 0 ... further results.
IDE written in Java
jEdit is an IDE written in Java.
Some of its features include:
- Built-in macro language; extensible plugin architecture. Hundreds of macros and plugins available.
- Plugins can be downloaded and installed from within jEdit using the "plugin manager" feature.
- Auto indent, and syntax highlighting for more than 200 languages.
- Supports a large number of character encodings including UTF8 and Unicode.
- Folding for selectively hiding regions of text.
- Word wrap.
- Highly configurable and customizable.
- Every other feature, both basic and advanced, you would expect to find in a text editor.
DocumentationUser's guide: http://www.jedit.org/users-guide/index.html
- IRC general channel
released on 7 February 2015
svn co svn://svn.code.sf.net/p/jedit/svn/jEdit/trunk/ jedit
Used by jEdit itself and plugins: http://sourceforge.net/p/jedit/svn/HEAD/tree/jEdit/trunk/doc/README.txt and http://sourceforge.net/p/jedit/svn/HEAD/tree/jEdit/trunk/doc/COPYING.txt Exception for plugins: http://sourceforge.net/p/jedit/svn/HEAD/tree/jEdit/trunk/doc/COPYING.PLUGINS.txt
Used by the user's guide: http://sourceforge.net/p/jedit/svn/HEAD/tree/jEdit/trunk/doc/COPYING.DOC.txt
Leaders and contributors
Resources and communication
This entry (in part or in whole) was last reviewed on 28 August 2015.
Permission is granted to copy, distribute and/or modify this document under the terms of the GNU Free Documentation License, Version 1.3 or any later version published by the Free Software Foundation; with no Invariant Sections, no Front-Cover Texts, and no Back-Cover Texts. A copy of the license is included in the page “GNU Free Documentation License”.
The copyright and license notices on this page only apply to the text on this page. Any software or copyright-licenses or other similar notices described in this text has its own copyright notice and license, which can usually be found in the distribution or license text itself.