Reviews: 0 ... further results.
A modular photo manager
jBrout is able to :
- manage albums/photos (= folders/files)
- tag photos with IPTC keywords)
- use internal jpeg thumbnail)
- comment photos (with jpeg comment) and album (textfile in folder)
- rotate loss-less jpeg (and internal jpeg thumbnail)
- use EXIF info (date, size ..)
- search pictures (tags, comment, date, ...)
- use plugins (to export to html/gallery, to act like a httpserver, to export pictures to be mailed, ...)
- work without database ! (just a xmlfile which can be rebuild from scratch)
- handle a lot of photos (Developer has more than 20000)
- export to a flickr account
- use a basket system to pick some photos
- can be localized (now French and english version)
- jBrout doesn't use a database to handle your pictures ! It just uses a xml file to handle your tags ! The albums/pictures are managed like folders/files !!! All information that could be used in the interface are stored in your pictures :
- tags (as IPTC keywords, in the picture)
- dates (as EXIF tags, in the picture)
- comments ( as JPEG comment, in the picture)
- album comments ( as a text file in the folder of the picture)
- thumbnails ( as EXIF internal thumbnail, in the picture)
In fact, it uses an xml file to handle your pictures, but this FILE can be rebuilt from scratch at anytime, because all informations are in your filesystem, not in a database !!
Documentationon line at http://jbrout.python-hosting.com/wiki/doc
released on 5 September 2014
svn co http://svn.jbrout.python-hosting.com/trunk jbrout
12 April 2006
Leaders and contributors
Resources and communication
This entry (in part or in whole) was last reviewed on 16 February 2017.
Permission is granted to copy, distribute and/or modify this document under the terms of the GNU Free Documentation License, Version 1.3 or any later version published by the Free Software Foundation; with no Invariant Sections, no Front-Cover Texts, and no Back-Cover Texts. A copy of the license is included in the page “GNU Free Documentation License”.
The copyright and license notices on this page only apply to the text on this page. Any software or copyright-licenses or other similar notices described in this text has its own copyright notice and license, which can usually be found in the distribution or license text itself.