Reviews: 0 ... further results.
simple yet powerful and flexible static website and blog generator
Nikola is a static site and blog generator. Feed information to it on one side and get a ready-to-deploy website on the other.
Nikola goodies on generating static pages are, between others, that:
- Static websites are safer, no database nor dynamic code interpreter needed
- They use fewer resources
- You avoid vendor and platform lockin.
Between some of Nikola's features you may find:
- Blog generator, including tags, feeds, archives, comments, etc.
- Theme support
- Fast building process, thanks to doit
- Easy Image Gallery, just drop files in a folder!
- reStructuredText or Markdown as Input languages
- Flexible design
- Small codebase.
- Syntax highlighting for almost any programming language or markup
- Multi-language sites
- Small, since based on leverages existing tools
- Between others
- IRC development channel
released on 13 October 2016
git clone https://github.com/getnikola/nikola.git
17 November 2016
Leaders and contributors
Resources and communication
|Developer||VCS Repository Webview||https://github.com/getnikola/nikola|
|Required to use||python|
This entry (in part or in whole) was last reviewed on 13 April 2018.
Permission is granted to copy, distribute and/or modify this document under the terms of the GNU Free Documentation License, Version 1.3 or any later version published by the Free Software Foundation; with no Invariant Sections, no Front-Cover Texts, and no Back-Cover Texts. A copy of the license is included in the page “GNU Free Documentation License”.
The copyright and license notices on this page only apply to the text on this page. Any software or copyright-licenses or other similar notices described in this text has its own copyright notice and license, which can usually be found in the distribution or license text itself.