Reviews: 0 ... further results.
Command line utilities
- 'shellutils' is now part of 'coreutils'
The shell utility programs are:
- basename- removes the path prefix from a given pathname
- chroot- changes the root directory
- date- prints the system date and time
- dirname- removes the last level or filename from a pathname
- echo- prints a line of text
- env- displays/modifies the environment
- expr- evaluates expressions
- factor- prints prime factor
- false- returns an unsuccessful exit status
- groups- prints the groups the user belongs to
- hostname- prints or sets the machine name
- id- print real/effective/ uid/gid
- logname- prints current login name
- nice- modifies scheduling priority
- nohup- lets a command keep running after logging out
- pathchk- checks file name portability
- pinky- lightweight 'finger' program; prints user information
- printenv- prints environment variables
- printf- formats and prints data
- pwd- prints the working (current) directory
- seq- prints numeric sequences
- sleep- suspends execution for a specified time
- stty- prints/changes terminal settings
- su- lets you adopt the ID of another user or superuser
- tee- sends output to multiple files
- test- evaluates an expression
- true- returns a successful exit status
- tty- prints terminal name
- uname- prints system information
- uptime- tells how long the system has been running
- users- prints current user names
- who- prints a list of all users currently logged in
- whoami- prints effective user ID
- yes- prints a string indefinitely
This program has been folded into 'coreutils.' Please see that entry (http://www.gnu.org/software/coreutils/) for the latest information on this software. This project was a GNU package. It has since been decommissioned and is no longer developed.
DocumentationUser manual included
released on 15 August 1999
1 February 2001
Leaders and contributors
|See the THANKS file and the Changelog for a complete list||Contributor|
Resources and communication
This entry (in part or in whole) was last reviewed on 13 April 2018.
Permission is granted to copy, distribute and/or modify this document under the terms of the GNU Free Documentation License, Version 1.3 or any later version published by the Free Software Foundation; with no Invariant Sections, no Front-Cover Texts, and no Back-Cover Texts. A copy of the license is included in the page “GNU Free Documentation License”.
The copyright and license notices on this page only apply to the text on this page. Any software or copyright-licenses or other similar notices described in this text has its own copyright notice and license, which can usually be found in the distribution or license text itself.