- Qtstalker is a stock market charting program, able to display charts in various styles and with many standard technical analysis indicators. Data can be downloaded from Yahoo Finance and some futures exchanges, or imported from a number of file formats. Scanning for conditions, backtesting of trading systems, and a basic portfolio manager are included. A plugin system allows new features to be added (written in C++) such as indicators, display elements, and data download or importing.
- 'QuoteFilter' parses E-mail messages from your financial institution and feeds stock update data into 'Xinvest' data files. It complements 'Xinvest' and 'Xquote'. 'Xquote' uses the web protocols (HTTP) to query servers online about stock or fund quotes. 'Xinvest' is a utility for tracking your assets.
- SMTM (Show Me The Money) is a configurable Perl/Tk stock ticker program. It creates and automatically updates a window with quotes from Yahoo! Finance. It can also display the entire variety of charts available at Yahoo! Finance. When called with one or several symbols, it displays these selected stocks. When smtm is called without arguments, it reads the symbols tickers from a file, by default ~/.smtmrc. This file can be created explicitly by calling the Save option from the File menu. Beyond stocks, smtm can also display currencies (from the Philadephia exchange), US mutual funds, options on US stocks, several precious metals and quite possibly more.
- 'Xinvest' is a tool to keep track of and to analyse your investments. It supports reports and various types of plots. You can manually maintain the values of your assets, or use the companion tools Xquote and QuoteFilter to feed them in autmatically.
- Xquote fetches stock quotes via web servers. It then feeds the data in to 'Xinvest.'
Permission is granted to copy, distribute and/or modify this document under the terms of the GNU Free Documentation License, Version 1.3 or any later version published by the Free Software Foundation; with no Invariant Sections, no Front-Cover Texts, and no Back-Cover Texts. A copy of the license is included in the page “GNU Free Documentation License”.
The copyright and license notices on this page only apply to the text on this page. Any software or copyright-licenses or other similar notices described in this text has its own copyright notice and license, which can usually be found in the distribution or license text itself.