- 'AutoProfile' is an extension to Gaim that lets users create customized away messages and profiles that can include dynamic content such as fortune quotes, computer uptime, and timestamps. The managing system handles the automatic periodic update of content text. Users configure the system throough a GUI, then set an away message simply by typing "/away" into an IM window and "/back" to do the opposite.
- 'ayttm' is designed to become a Universal Instant Messaging client which will integrate all existing IM clients and provide a single consistent user interface. Currently, 'ayttm' supports sending and receiving messages in AIM, ICQ, Yahoo! Messenger, MSN, and Jabber. It also has file transfer between 'ayttm' users, and between users of 'ayttm' and users of the official MSN and Yahoo! clients. The project was formerly know as 'EveryBuddy.'
- 'BSFlite' is a minimalistic, line-based AIM client. It is designed with simplicity and efficiency in mind and thus utilises as little RAM and CPU time as possible in order to be friendly to multiuser systems. It uses the OSCAR protocol to communicate with the AIM service. Instead of having a full screen console interface, BSFlite uses a command shell interface that lets you type without needlessly sifting through windows. It supports most standard AIM features, except chat rooms and block lists.
- Babylon Java Chat is a client and server combo that allows groups to chat and draw over the Internet or local networks. The client can be used as a stand alone Java application, or as an applet, which makes it simple to embed chat functionality in WWW documents. It features multi-colored graphics drawing ability, including freehand, lines, rectangles, ovals, and fonted text up to 120 pts. Users can interact publicly with everyone else on the server, or they can chat/draw privately using the "whisper" mode. The server will store and manage answering machine style messages for users who aren't online, and users who aren't watching their screens can be paged. In theory one server is capable of supporting any number of users. The Babylon chat server is normally operated in its GUI mode, but for convenience it can also be run as just a text-based application.
- Better Angels Buoy
- Better Angels' Buoy is an app designed to quickly connect survivors of domestic or dating violence (DV) with trusted friends, family members, advocates, and other allies in times of crisis.
- Bitcoin-Qt is a multiplatform bitcoin client and wallet. Bitcoin is a network and a currency establishing a PKI for electronic cash transactions which is distributed P2P. To quote the developers, "Bitcoin is a decentralized P2P electronic cash system without a central server or trusted parties. Users hold the crypto keys to their own money and transact directly with each other, with the help of the network to check for double-spending."
- An IRC server which can forward what you say to people on other chat networks: Jabber, ICQ, AIM, MSN and Yahoo.
- IRC bot that strives to do common tasks without blocking by using asynchronous sockets, threads and callbacks.
- 'Blosxom' is a lightweight yet feature-packed Weblog application designed from the ground up with simplicity, usability, and interoperability in mind. It relies on the file system, folders, and files as its content database. Users can create, edit, rename, and delete entries on the command-line, via FTP, WebDAV, or anything else they might use to manipulate their files.
Permission is granted to copy, distribute and/or modify this document under the terms of the GNU Free Documentation License, Version 1.3 or any later version published by the Free Software Foundation; with no Invariant Sections, no Front-Cover Texts, and no Back-Cover Texts. A copy of the license is included in the page “GNU Free Documentation License”.
The copyright and license notices on this page only apply to the text on this page. Any software or copyright-licenses or other similar notices described in this text has its own copyright notice and license, which can usually be found in the distribution or license text itself.