- The KLogo-Turtle is a useful tool for teaching geometry and the basic principles of the programming of computer. Children can study the mathematics of geometry in an interactive and constructive way.
- Khan exercises
- Khan Academy has created a generic framework for building exercises. This framework, together with the exercises themselves, can be used completely independently of the Khan Academy application.
The framework exists in two components:
- An HTML markup for specifying exercises.
- A jQuery plugin for generating a usable, interactive, exercise from the HTML markup.
Using the Framework Locally
You need to serve the files from some sort of a server. You can't just open the files directly in a browser. For example:
cd khan-exercises python -m SimpleHTTPServer
cd khan-exercises python3 -m http.server
Now if you open your browser to `http://localhost:8000` (or `http://127.0.0.1:8000/`) you should see the contents of the `khan-exercises` directory. Navigate to the `exercises` subfolder, and an HTML file under there to see an exercise.
The process for writing exercises is rather well documented. More information about this process can be found in the Khan Exercises wiki. Specifically:
- 'Kronophobia' is a complete event-based school calendaring system that supports recurrence, transportation assignments, alerts, parent/public registration, custom reports, event tracking, and e-mail notification.
- 'ksociograma' is a tecnical software for teachers. It lets teachers make sociograms, a 2D network representation, for a group of students. It is very useful to understand and predict inter-group relations. The package is currently available in English, Italian and Spanish.
- Kurso de Esperanto
- Kurso de Esperanto is a multimedia computer program for teaching yourself Esperanto.
- Marble offers different kind of beautiful and useful map views of the Earth including OpenStreetMap. It can also search for place names and suggest routes.
- This is a text editor for writing math lessons and providing tools for doing all the exercises from elementary school to junior high. The software is especially designed to fulfil the needs of disabled pupils, and pupils suffering from dyspraxia in particular. The program manages the child's documents like a notebook, organized with chapters, and separating lessons, exercises and evaluations, making it very easy to navigate through the documents.
- Mnemosyne is a flashcard program which assists you in learning and sticking to mind vocabulary, characters, definitions, etc. Mnemosyne uses a techique called Spaced Repetitions, which consists in multiple reviews of learning material at increasing time intervals; this process helps commiting information to long term memory.
- Multiplication Challenge
- 'Multiplication Challenge' is a game for children that asks random questions with intergers from 0 to a number you specify (10 is defualt.) There are two modes, FLASHCARD and TEST. In FLASHCARD mode, you are given a set of 10 questions, and it will not let you through until you answer correctly. In TEST mode, you are given a set of 25 questions and it will tell you whether you got it correctly or not after your answer. At the end, it tells you your score.
- Multiplication Station
- Multiplication Station will teach your child to add, subtract and multiply ... Guaranteed! The application can be configured for addition, subtraction and multiplication. The number ranges can be configured, and the grid size can also be configured to suite your preference. Only the most important configuration variables are shown by default, the remainder being configurable by selecting the "ShowAll" toggle in the Administrator control panel.
Permission is granted to copy, distribute and/or modify this document under the terms of the GNU Free Documentation License, Version 1.3 or any later version published by the Free Software Foundation; with no Invariant Sections, no Front-Cover Texts, and no Back-Cover Texts. A copy of the license is included in the page “GNU Free Documentation License”.
The copyright and license notices on this page only apply to the text on this page. Any software or copyright-licenses or other similar notices described in this text has its own copyright notice and license, which can usually be found in the distribution or license text itself.