- Avaneya: Viking Lander Remastered DVD
- Whether you are a fan of science fiction, a space–science enthusiast, hobbyist, photographer, gamer or a patron of grass–roots libre arts and technology, you are sure to find the first successful images from the surface of Mars highly captivating. These mind blowing images were taken by NASA's Viking landers during the highly ambitious, billion–dollar mission first launched in 1975. However, many images were nearly lost to history due to magnetic tape deterioration and archaic proprietary technology. With NASA's blessing, our team developed the technology to recover many of these images. This research tool was part of the design phase of our parent project, Avaneya — our upcoming libre cerebral science fiction game for the GNU operating system set on Mars, described in the words of Richard Stallman as an exciting, pioneering project. Originally an internal research tool, overwhelming public interest compelled us to release the technology on this DVD for all. Now everyone can relive the original breathtaking experience that captured the world's attention and marked the first successful moment in history that humanity saw Mars — not as a distant, impersonal, celestial body, beheld through a telescope for centuries, but as a tangible and alien world well within its reach.
- Baobab is a simple application which can scan either specific folders (local or remote) or volumes and give a graphical representation including each directory size or percentage in the branch. It also auto-detects any mounted/unmounted device.
- BgChanger is a simple set of scripts adding wallpaper rotation functionality to GNOME. It is designed to be simple above all else, with no complicated menus or options.
- Bibfilex is a bibliographic manager. It's useful for creating and managing archives of bibliographical items (books, articles, etc.) with possible attachments of any kind according to Biblatex structure and rules, but it can be used also with a word processor like Writer or Word. Bibfilex may create and manage files which are catalogs of many items – also thousands of them. A file of Bibfilex is a database of SQLite. In a Bibfilex file data are not stored according to Biblatex format, so it cannot be used as a bibliographic file in a Latex document. Anyway, Biblatex may export with a one-click functionality all or part of its content in Biblatex format file; this can be read directly with JabRef or used in a Latex document. At the same time, Bibfilex may import directly a JabRef database.
- BibShelf is a book organizer that integrates well with the GNOME desktop. It helps you to keep track of your book collection. You can fill in such things as the book summary, review, rating and the ISBN.
- 'Blam' is an RSS reader for the GNOME desktop that helps you keep track of the growing number of news feeds distributed as RSS. You can subscribe to any number of feeds, print the entries you like, and have the feeds updated at regular intervals.
- BlueCombo is yet another applet that shows CPU usage, memory usage, swap usage, motherboard/CPU temperature, date/time, CPU frequency, network load, and fan speeds. It runs inside the dock/wharf features of various window managers, inside the GNOME panel, or within roxpanel.
- 'Cantus' is a tool for tagging and renaming MP3 and OGG/Vorbis files. Its features include mass tagging and renaming of MP3s, the ability to generate a tag out of the filename, filter definitions for renaming, recursive actions, CDDB (Freedb) lookup (no CD needed), the ability to copy between ID3V1 and ID3V2 tags, and more.
- Castle Game Engine
- Castle Game Engine is a cross-platform 3D and 2D game engine for Object Pascal (FPC and Lazarus). - It supports many formats for game assets, including X3D, VRML, Collada, Spine JSON, MD3 and others. - Many graphic effects are possible, including bump mapping, shadows, shaders, mirrors, screen effects. - Animation, collision detection, 3D sound and more features are available. - An extensible system of 3D objects can be used, with out-of-the-box levels, items, intelligent creatures and more. - The engine is portable -- for desktop, mobile, web plugin. The engine is also used to develop view3dscene - a full-featured X3D / VRML browser and a viewer for many other 3D and 2D game formats.
- Clawsker is a Perl-GTK2 applet to edit hidden preferences for Claws Mail in a safe and user friendly way. Claws Mail has a high number of configurable options and, in order to keep the binary small and fast, some of these preferences which are not widely used are not provided with a graphical interface for inspection and/or modification. Users wanting to edit such preferences had to face editing the configuration text files directly, now it is possible with a convenient GTK2 interface using Clawsker. Other features:
- Handling of all hidden preferences
- Fully internationalized interface using gettext
- Detection of running Claws Mail
- Support for alternate configuration directories
Permission is granted to copy, distribute and/or modify this document under the terms of the GNU Free Documentation License, Version 1.3 or any later version published by the Free Software Foundation; with no Invariant Sections, no Front-Cover Texts, and no Back-Cover Texts. A copy of the license is included in the page “GNU Free Documentation License”.
The copyright and license notices on this page only apply to the text on this page. Any software or copyright-licenses or other similar notices described in this text has its own copyright notice and license, which can usually be found in the distribution or license text itself.