- postActiv is a microblogging social networking software which federates with other microblogging software using the OStatus, ActivityStreams, and Webfinger protocols. It is a fork of the GNU social project intended to include a variety of improvements.
- PyPump provides an interface to the pump.io APIs. The aim is to provide very natural pythonic representations of Notes, Images, People, …, allowing you to painlessly interact with them.
- Red Matrix
- Originally authored by Mike Macgirvin (also the original author of Friendica), the RedMatrix is a super network created from a huge number of smaller independent and autonomous websites - which are linked together into a cooperative publishing and social platform. It consists of an open source webapp providing a complete multi-user decentralised publishing, sharing, and communications system - known as a "hub". Each hub provides communications (private messaging, chat, blogging, forums, and social networking), along with media management (photos, events, files, web pages, shareable apps) for its members; all in a feature-rich platform. These hubs automatically reach out and connect with each other and the rest of the matrix. Privacy and content ownership always remain under the direct personal control of the individual; and permission to access any item can be granted or denied to anybody in the entire matrix. What makes the RedMatrix unique is what we call "magic authentication" - which is based on our groundbreaking work in decentralised identity services. No other platform provides this ability. Within the matrix the boundaries between different hubs are blurred or seemingly non-existent. Identity in the matrix is considered transient and potentially nomadic. "Who you are" has nothing to do with "what computer you're connected to", and website content can adapt itself according to who is viewing it. You have the ability to "clone" your identity to other hubs; which allows you to continue to communicate with your friends seamlessly if your primary hub is ever disabled (temporarily or permanently). The RedMatrix is ideal for communities of any size, from private individuals and families to online forums, business websites, and organisations. It can be used by anybody who has communications or web content that they wish to share, but where they desire complete control of whom they share it with.
- Allows multiple users to store, share and tag their favourite links online.
- Twister is a microblogging peer-to-peer platform, that is, it is a distributed system like bittorrent or similar file sharing technologies. Being completely decentralized means that no one is able to shut it down, as there is no single point to attack. The system is also designed so it cannot be censored, freedom of speech cannot be taken from you. And because the cryptography is employed end-to-end, no entity is able to spy on your communications.
Permission is granted to copy, distribute and/or modify this document under the terms of the GNU Free Documentation License, Version 1.3 or any later version published by the Free Software Foundation; with no Invariant Sections, no Front-Cover Texts, and no Back-Cover Texts. A copy of the license is included in the page “GNU Free Documentation License”.
The copyright and license notices on this page only apply to the text on this page. Any software or copyright-licenses or other similar notices described in this text has its own copyright notice and license, which can usually be found in the distribution or license text itself.