- Electric is a CAD program for designing electrical circuits, handling custom IC layout, schematic drawing and hardware description language specifications. Several CAD operations are supported, such as rule checking and simulation. Many different types of designs can be produced and input or output in a wide variety of formats. GNU Electric offers a wide range of synthesis and analysis tools for working on the circuitry, including design rule checking, simulation, routing, layout vs. schematic, logical effort… It also has many importers and exporters for interfacing to other EDA (Electronic Design Automation) systems. It even has a constraint system for managing chip layout.
- Empirical gramians can be computed for linear and nonlinear control systems for purposes of model order reduction, uncertainty quantification or system identification. Model reduction using empirical gramians can be applied to the state space, the parameter space of dynamical systems and control systems. The emgr framework is a compact open source toolbox for (empirical) gramian-based model reduction and compatible with OCTAVE and MATLAB.
- FreeSnell is a program which computes optical properties of multilayer thin-film coatings. Dielectric, metallic, and granular metallic films are supported. The FreeSnell package includes a SCM script (program) "nk" to create, manage, and query a refractive-index spectral database. FreeSnell is an application of the SCM Scheme implementation and the WB B-tree database package.
- FreeFem++ is dedicated to the resolution of a large category of partial differential equations in 2D and 3D with complex applications, using finite element discretization and advanced automatic mesh generator. FreeFem++ is written in C++ and it owns documentation in spanich, Japanese and Chinese (http://www.freefem.org/). Finally, FreeFem++ aims the same objectives as Elmer (http://directory.fsf.org/wiki/Elmer) FreeFem++ is free software with LGPL license, developed at Jacques-Louis Lions Laboratory, Pierre and Marie Curie University.
- GDC is a utility to calculate compressible flow (Gas Dynamics Calculator). It provides calculations for isentropic nozzle, isothermal nozzle, isothermal, Fanno, Rayleigh flow, etc. It also provide calculations for shock and oblique shock by direct calculations (no iteration, probably the only one that can do it). The result are in plain text, LaTeX, or a range of values.
- GnuAE is a GNOME/GTK compliant GUI for designing photovoltaic and wind powered houses with compliance to the National Electrical Code. As GnuAE has a database of components and current average prices, it can help you judge the total cost of a system by experimenting with different options like using a propane or DV fridge, or more or less reserve days or hours of sun. GnuAE is also designed to make it much easier to wire for NEC code compliance without studying all 800 some pages of the NEC specification. Even for an electrician, the interdependencies between calculations is daunting. While DC wiring is much simpler than AC wiring, most off-grid household systems are both. There is even a built in NEC calculator for people that have a good feel for what they are doing, but want to also experiment with differing conduit sizes, parallel wire runs, and voltage drop.
- Goptical is a C++ optical design and simulation library. It provides model classes for optical components, surfaces and materials. It enables building optical systems by creating and placing various optical components in a 3d space and simulates light propagation through the system. Classical optical design analysis tools can be used on optical systems.
- Program to use EPE Digital IC tester in Linux systems. It allows to test circuits, build test algorithms, test SRAM or read PROM chips. Both GUI and command-line versions, works in Linux and Windows (Qt).
- Programs for Information Topology Data Analysis Information Topology is a program written in Python (compatible with Python 3.4.x), with a graphic interface built using TKinter , plots drawn using Matplotlib , calculations made using NumPy , and scaffold representations drawn using NetworkX . It computes all the results on information presented in the study , that is all the usual information functions: entropy, joint entropy between k random variables (Hk), mutual informations between k random variables (Ik), conditional entropies and mutual informations and provides their cohomological (and homotopy) visualisation in the form of information landscapes and information paths together with an approximation of the minimum information energy complex . It is applicable on any set of empirical data that is data with several trials-repetitions-essays (parameter m), and also allows to compute the undersampling regime, the degree k above which the sample size m is to small to provide good estimations of the information functions . The computational exploration is restricted to the simplicial sublattice of random variable (all the subsets of k=n random variables) and has hence a complexity in O(2^n). In this simplicial setting we can exhaustively estimate information functions on the simplicial information structure, that is joint-entropy Hk and mutual-informations Ik at all degrees k=<n and for every k-tuple, with a standard commercial personal computer (a laptop with processor Intel Core i7-4910MQ CPU @ 2.90GHz * 8) up to k=n=21 in reasonable time (about 3 hours). Using the expression of joint-entropy and the probability obtained using equation and marginalization , it is possible to compute the joint-entropy and marginal entropy of all the variables. The alternated expression of n-mutual information given by equation then allows a direct evaluation of all of these quantities. The definitions, formulas and theorems are sufficient to obtain the algorithm . We will further develop a refined interface (help welcome) but for the moment it works like this, and requires minimum Python use knowledge. Please contact pierre.baudot [at] gmail.com for questions, request, developments (etc.):  J.W. Shipman. Tkinter reference: a gui for python. . New Mexico Tech Computer Center, Socorro, New Mexico, 2010.  J.D. Hunter. Matplotlib: a 2d graphics environment. Comput. Sci. Eng., 9:22–30, 2007.  S. Van Der Walt, C. Colbert, and G. Varoquaux. The numpy array: a structure for efficient numerical computation. Comput. Sci. Eng., 13:22– 30, 2011.  A.A. Hagberg, D.A. Schult, and P.J. Swart. Exploring network structure, dynamics, and function using networkx. Proceedings of the 7th Python in Science Conference (SciPy2008). Gel Varoquaux, Travis Vaught, and Jarrod Millman (Eds), (Pasadena, CA USA), pages 11–15, 2008.  M. Tapia, P. Baudot, M. Dufour, C. Formisano-Tréziny, S. Temporal, M. Lasserre, J. Gabert, K. Kobayashi, JM. Goaillard . Information topology of gene expression profile in dopaminergic neurons doi: https://doi.org/10.1101/168740 http://www.biorxiv.org/content/early/2017/07/26/168740
- Icarus Verilog
- Icarus Verilog is a Verilog simulation and synthesis tool. It operates as a compiler, compiling source code writen in Verilog (IEEE-1364) into some target format. For batch simulation, the compiler can generate an intermediate form called vvp assembly. This intermediate form is executed by the ``vvp command. For synthesis, the compiler generates netlists in the desired format. The compiler proper is intended to parse and elaborate design descriptions written to the IEEE standard IEEE Std 1364-2001. The standard proper was released towards the middle of the year 2001, though in a rather pricey electronic form. This is a fairly large and complex standard, so it will take some time for it to get there, but that's the goal. NOTE: Under the Version information please browse the Installation link to find the proper download link.
Permission is granted to copy, distribute and/or modify this document under the terms of the GNU Free Documentation License, Version 1.3 or any later version published by the Free Software Foundation; with no Invariant Sections, no Front-Cover Texts, and no Back-Cover Texts. A copy of the license is included in the page “GNU Free Documentation License”.
The copyright and license notices on this page only apply to the text on this page. Any software or copyright-licenses or other similar notices described in this text has its own copyright notice and license, which can usually be found in the distribution or license text itself.