- 'Biblos' is a powerful indexing tool for managing a cd/mp3 collection as well as local directories. It records full information about each file on the specified media and has a powerful searching tool that can help you find specific files. You can also select a list of files/dirs from the database and Biblos will help you copy them from the source media to the directory choosen.
- Bookcase is a collection manager for KDE. It includes default collections for books, bibliographies, comic books, videos, music, coins, stamps, trading cards, and wines; it also allows custom collections and unlimited user-defined fields. The collection may be sorted by any property. Names are formatted automatically. Filters limit the visible entries by definable criteria. User can edit the default XSLT file for full customization for printing. Automatic ISBN validation is included. 'bookcase' can import CSV, Bibtex, and Bibtexml and export CSV, HTML, Bibtex, Bibtexml, and PilotDB.
- 'burnCDDA' is a console frontend to cdrdao, cdrecord, mpg123, oggdec, mppdec, normalize, and mp3_check. It can be used to create audio CDs from an M3U playlist (the playlist format of XMMS). It supports MP3, OGG Vorbis, Musepack, and WAV files, and it might be the easiest way to copy an audio CD.
- 'Cantus' is a tool for tagging and renaming MP3 and OGG/Vorbis files. Its features include mass tagging and renaming of MP3s, the ability to generate a tag out of the filename, filter definitions for renaming, recursive actions, CDDB (Freedb) lookup (no CD needed), the ability to copy between ID3V1 and ID3V2 tags, and more.
- Christine lets you play your audio and video files in the same application. In a very very easy way. As christine is inteded to be small, and cute we currently had no support for internet radio station, but we will in the future.
- Clementine is a multi-platform music player focusing on a fast and
easy-to-use interface for searching and playing your music.
Summary of included features :
- Search and play your local music library.
- Listen to internet radio from Last.fm, SomaFM and Magnatune.
- Tabbed playlists, import and export M3U, XSPF, PLS and ASX.
- Visualisations from projectM.
- Transcode music into MP3, Ogg Vorbis, Ogg Speex, FLAC or AAC
- Edit tags on MP3 and OGG files, organise your music.
- Download missing album cover art from Last.fm.
- Native desktop notifications using libnotify.
- Supports MPRIS, or remote control using the command-line.
- Remote control using a Wii Remote, MPRIS or the command-line.
- Copy music to your iPod, iPhone, MTP or mass-storage USB player.
- Queue manager.
- cmus (C* Music Player) is a small, fast and powerful console audio player for Unix-like operating systems. It supports almost all common file formats, SHOUTcast/Icecast streaming, and multiple output plugins. cmus features multiple media library views, a playqueue, a directory browser, powerful filters, and vi-style search and keybindings. The text-only design reduces the resources needed to run the program, making it a strong choice for older or less-powerful computers as well as systems where a graphical environment is not available.
- 'cutmp3' is a small command line MP3 editor. It lets you select sections of an MP3 interactively or via a timetable and save them to separate files without quality loss. Silence and ID3 tag searching are also possible. For playback it uses mpg123. The program works with VBR files and files bigger than 2GB.
- DeaDBeeF (as in 0xDEADBEEF) is a graphical, yet lightweight audio player.
- Digital DJ
- DigitalDJ is an SQL-based mp3-player frontend designed to work with Grip. When Grip encodes mp3 files, it places all song information into an SQL database. DigitalDJ then uses this information to create playlists based on various criteria. * Manage a database of CDs in MP3 format * Interacts with Grip to add song information as you rip * Create playlists based on song properties such as Artist/Disc/Genre/Tempo * Play songs via an external MP3-player * Condensed mode with small screen footprint and scrolling display * Nifty BPM-O-Matic beats-per-minute calculator * Keeps track of number of plays and last play for song/disc/artist
Permission is granted to copy, distribute and/or modify this document under the terms of the GNU Free Documentation License, Version 1.3 or any later version published by the Free Software Foundation; with no Invariant Sections, no Front-Cover Texts, and no Back-Cover Texts. A copy of the license is included in the page “GNU Free Documentation License”.
The copyright and license notices on this page only apply to the text on this page. Any software or copyright-licenses or other similar notices described in this text has its own copyright notice and license, which can usually be found in the distribution or license text itself.