Broaden your selection:
- A set of SUID programs make 9p filesystem support by the Linux kernel easier.
- Authorized Entities Directory (Æ-DIR) is a Privileged Identity and Access Management (IAM/PIM/PAM) based on OpenLDAP
- Strictly follow need to know and least privilege principles
- Agile data maintenance by consequent delegation of manageable small areas
- Provide meaningful audit trails for compliance checks
- Secure defaults
- AFD is a program to automatically distribute files either locally or to remote hosts. The files are distributed by using FTP or SMTP, and can be sent in parallel and with priority. It provides a GUI to monitor and control the distribution and extensive logging of all activities.
- APing is the advanced ping program written in Python from scratch that can execute four type of ICMP probes :
- echo request
- address mask request
- timestamp request
- and information request
- ARChon Runtime for Chrome
- Warning: The custom runtime will replace the official runtime component. To go back to the official runtime you will need to uninstall the custom one and reinstall the official one.
- AVideo /ævə'dɛjo:/ is a powerful, 100% libre video and audio downloader for GNU/Linux. With your freedom and privacy a #1 priority, avideo offers you peace of mind in watching everything from world news and documentaries to the latest cat videos. AVideo builds on the power of the infamous youtube-dl to ensure that the user's liberty is not sacrificed. YouTube-DL incorporates JS, SWF, and SDK interpreters in order to deliver some functionality. However, packaging these runs contrary to delivering freedom as a number 1 priority.
- Aardvark Shellutils
- The Aardvark Shell Utils collection includes the following three utilities:
- Realpath, implementation of the 'realpath' function for returning the canonicalized absolute pathname of an input path. This generates an absolute pathname with all symlinks resolved and all '.' and '..' characters removed. Many commands do not work well with relative paths or paths containing symlinks. Realpath resolves these absolute paths.
- Filebase, returns the base portion of a filename, that is the filename with its extension (e.g. .txt) removed. It returns everything preceeding the last period in the input string. The period itself is not returned.
- Fileext, returns the extension portion of a filename (e.g. txt). It returns everything following the last period in the input string. The period itself is not returned.
- The GNU Accounting utilities `ac', `accton', `last', `lastcomm', and `sa' add login and process accounting support to GNU/Linux. "Login accounting" provides summaries of system resource usage based on connect time, and "process accounting" provides summaries based on the commands executed on the system.
- AcpiTool is a Linux ACPI client. It's a small command line application, intended to be a replacement for the apm tool. The primary target audience are laptop users, since these people are most interested in things like battery status, thermal status and the ability to suspend (sleep mode). The program simply accesses the /proc/acpi or /sysfs entries to get or set ACPI values. A computer running a Linux kernel from the 2.4.x or 2.6.x series with ACPI enabled is needed. It also supports various extensions for Toshiba, Asus, and IBM Thinkpad laptops.
- Adblock Plus
Blocks banners, pop-ups, tracking, malware. By default, nonintrusive ads aren't blocked in order to support websites.
The add-on is supported by over forty filter subscriptions in dozens of languages which automatically configure it for purposes ranging from removing online advertising to blocking all known malware domains. Adblock Plus also allows you to customize your filters with the assistance of a variety of useful features, including a context option for images, a block tab for Flash and Java objects, and a list of blockable items to remove scripts and stylesheets.Starting with Adblock Plus 2.0 there is an option in Filter Preferences to allow some non-intrusive advertising. The goal is to support websites using non-intrusive ways to advertise and to encourage more websites to do the same.