Difference between revisions of "Free Software Directory:Backlog Admin Group"
m (→Friday IRC meeting)
m (→Candidates: Correct freenode address and made some aesthetic changes,)
|Line 7:||Line 7:|
* #mediawiki at
* #mediawikiat .freenode.netif full of people that are skilled with ParserFunctions, we should gently ask if someone want to be part of our team.
==Friday IRC meeting==
==Friday IRC meeting==
Revision as of 21:20, 18 February 2018
- Team Captain: David Hedlund (Time zone:
- Participant: Adfeno (Time zone:
- Participant: Saper (Time zone:
chat.freenode.netif full of people that are skilled with ParserFunctions, we should gently ask if someone want to be part of our team.
Friday IRC meeting
Should we add to https://directory.fsf.org/wiki/Free_Software_Directory:Requirements that we only permit data related to official releases? For example, the current Windows download link for IceCat is unofficial, but it's made by email@example.com (20:43:02) David_Hedlund: But it's still a unofficial release. I think we should discuss this policy.
"—The Speex codec has been obsoleted by Opus. It will continue to be available, but since Opus is better than Speex in all aspects, users are encouraged to switch—" - https://www.speex.org/ . Should we remove speex from the Directory: https://directory.fsf.org/wiki/Category/Works-with-format/speex
- You could provide a message like "this package is superseded by X".
- Also, what would happen if we remove a free/libre software from FSD, and after many years another project is added but depends on it. Surely the reviewer will want to know if Speex is free/libre based on the FSD or some free/libre distro repository.
- If we decide for "removing superseded entries", then we will have the extra work of removing every one of these.
- Dummy -- for a software/entry
- Sandbox2 -- for a software/entry
- Free Software Directory:Sandbox -- for a page which isn't an entry
Permission is granted to copy, distribute and/or modify this document under the terms of the GNU Free Documentation License, Version 1.3 or any later version published by the Free Software Foundation; with no Invariant Sections, no Front-Cover Texts, and no Back-Cover Texts. A copy of the license is included in the page “GNU Free Documentation License”.
The copyright and license notices on this page only apply to the text on this page. Any software or copyright-licenses or other similar notices described in this text has its own copyright notice and license, which can usually be found in the distribution or license text itself.