- GSEGrafix is an application which produces high-quality graphical plots for science and engineering. Plots are specified via simple ASCII parameter files and data files and are presented in an anti-aliased GNOME canvas. The program supports rectangular two-dimensional plots, histograms, polar-axis plots and three-dimensional plots. Plots can be printed or saved to BMP, JPEG or PNG image formats. GSEGrafix can also be run both from a command prompt and from Octave.
- kmplot is a mathematical function plotter for the KDE desktop. A powerful parser is included. You can plot different functions simultaneously and combine their function terms to build new functions. kmplot supports functions with parameters and functions in polar coordinates. Several grid modes are possible. Plots may be printed with high precision in correct scale.
- Kpl is a program for two- and three-dimensional graphical presentation of data sets and functions. It performs multidimensional nonlinear parameter fits of functions to data sets using the Levenberg-Marquardt algorithm; general linear least square parameter fits are also possible. Other applications and scripts can control Kpl through a D-BUS interface. All presentation settings may be saved in plot files. Both plot and data files may be chosen by command line parameters, through the File menu, or by drag and drop. The program supports automatic scaling and normalization as well as automatic parameter fits. Presentation settings can be changed using the Edit menu. Additional data sets and functions can be displayed in the either the same or a different data window.
- LibreOffice is the power-packed personal productivity suite that gives you six feature-rich applications for all your document production and data processing needs: Writer, Calc, Impress, Draw, Math and Base. There are also a good and growing number of free software extensions and templates available. LibreOffice is a fork of OpenOffice.org, which is now called Apache OpenOffice. Because Apache OpenOffice hosts and recommends using proprietary extensions, we do not recommend using it.
- This is a text editor for writing math lessons and providing tools for doing all the exercises from elementary school to junior high. The software is especially designed to fulfil the needs of disabled pupils, and pupils suffering from dyspraxia in particular. The program manages the child's documents like a notebook, organized with chapters, and separating lessons, exercises and evaluations, making it very easy to navigate through the documents.
- Mpmath is a pure-Python library for multiprecision floating-point arithmetic. It provides an extensive set of transcendental functions, unlimited exponent sizes, complex numbers, interval arithmetic, numerical integration and differentiation, root-finding, linear algebra, and much more. Almost any calculation can be performed just as well at 10-digit or 1000-digit precision, and in many cases pmath implements asymptotically fast algorithms that scale well for extremely high precision work.
If available, mpmath will (optionally) use gmpy to speed up high precision operations. If matplotlib is available, mpmath also provides a convenient plotting interface.
Its features include:
- Fair performance -- typically 10-100x faster than Python's decimal library
- Transcendental functions -- all functions from Python's math and cmath modules, plus a few more like gamma, factorial, erf
- Complex numbers -- with support for transcendental functions
- Directed rounding -- floor, ceiling, down, up, half-down, half-up, half-even
- Unlimited exponents -- no overflow or underflow
- The interval package for real-valued interval arithmetic allows one to evaluate functions over subsets of their domain. All results are verified, because interval computations automatically keep track of any errors. These concepts can be used to handle uncertainties, estimate arithmetic errors and produce reliable results. Also it can be applied to computer-assisted proofs, constraint programming, and verified computing. The implementation is based on interval boundaries represented by binary64 numbers and is conforming to IEEE Std 1788-2015, IEEE standard for interval arithmetic.
- openPlaG is a PHP based function graph plotter for the use on websites. openPlaG allows the display of up to three function graphs, their derivative and their integral. It can compute several different functions.
- Plotutils is a package for plotting and working with 2D graphics. It includes a library, "libplot", for C and C++ for exporting 2D vector graphics in many file formats. It also has support for 2D vector graphics animations. The package also contains command-line programs for plotting scientific data.
- PLplot is a software package for creating scientific plots whose plot symbols and text are limited in practice only by what Unicode-aware system fonts are installed on a user's computer. The package includes a core C library, separate language bindings for that library, and separate dynamically loaded device drivers which control how the plots are presented in non interactive and interactive plotting contexts. The PLplot core library can be used to create standard x-y plots, semi-log plots, log-log plots, contour plots, 3D surface plots, mesh plots, bar charts and pie charts. Multiple graphs (of the same or different sizes) may be placed on a single page, and multiple pages are allowed for those device formats that support them. PLplot bindings exist for many compiled and interpreted languages, including C, C++, Lisp, Lua, OCaml, Octave, Perl or Python.
Permission is granted to copy, distribute and/or modify this document under the terms of the GNU Free Documentation License, Version 1.3 or any later version published by the Free Software Foundation; with no Invariant Sections, no Front-Cover Texts, and no Back-Cover Texts. A copy of the license is included in the page “GNU Free Documentation License”.
The copyright and license notices on this page only apply to the text on this page. Any software or copyright-licenses or other similar notices described in this text has its own copyright notice and license, which can usually be found in the distribution or license text itself.