- lsmedia works similar to GNU command ls, but with focus on reporting codecs, resolution, fps, data rate and audio frequency
- MediaCrush is a media sharing server and Web service. You can upload images, sound and videos in convenient ways. Many free clients are available for it, as well as browser add-ons.
- The mpd-configure bash script creates a valid configuration file for mpd, optimised for bit perfect playback of any digital audio file, including those of high resolution. With default settings the script uses the first available alsa audio interface by using its hardware address (in the form of hw:x,y), and has automagic procedures for things like the music directory and directory where files are stored, the number of items in the music direcory and the UPNP name. When multiple audio interfaces are found, the user is presented with a choice.
- Mumble is a voice chat program. There are two modules in Mumble: the client (Mumble) and the server (Murmur). It provides encrypted, low-latency voice chat. Supports group conferences, for talking amongst friends: has a mute/deafen feature, also supports textchat. A suitable free software replacement for Google Hangout, Skype, Ventrillo, TeamSpeak and many more.
- The paraslash package contains server and client software for network audio streaming and stand-alone utilities for decoding and playing audio files.
- Pragha is is a lightweight GTK+ music manager that aims to be fast, bloat-free, and light on memory consumption.
Some of the features are:
- Library management using SQLlite 3
- Multiple views
- OSD support with Libnotify
- Tag Editing
- Last.fm submission
- Playlist management (M3U Exporting)
- DBUS management interface
- Quod Libet
- Quod Libet is a music player with flexible library management. Ex Falso is a library manager for users who prefer their existing music player. Rather than categorize songs only by genre, artist, and album, Quod Libet lets you sort, search and display them however you want. Additionally it supports editing music tags and metadata. It supports regular searches, regular expression searches, automatic tagging via MusicBrainz and CDDB, tag editing, album cover display, ReplayGain, multimedia keys, an OSD, and plugin support for extra functionality. Ex Falso provides the same features for library management.
- Secure and distributed voice/video/text communication client which also aims to be easy to use for non-technical people. Uses a distributed hash table (DHT) to retrieve a peers IP address based on a 40 character "ring id" which has to be exchanged between peers through other channels. Sharing via QRcode is built in to most of the current clients. When a peer's IP address is known an encrypted SRTP channel is opened between the peers and a standard SIP session is started on top of the SRTP connection.
- Rockbox is free software replacement firmware for various digital music players.
Permission is granted to copy, distribute and/or modify this document under the terms of the GNU Free Documentation License, Version 1.3 or any later version published by the Free Software Foundation; with no Invariant Sections, no Front-Cover Texts, and no Back-Cover Texts. A copy of the license is included in the page “GNU Free Documentation License”.
The copyright and license notices on this page only apply to the text on this page. Any software or copyright-licenses or other similar notices described in this text has its own copyright notice and license, which can usually be found in the distribution or license text itself.