- Blender is an integrated 3D suite for modelling, animation, rendering, post-production, interactive creation and playback (games). Blender has its own particular user interface, which is implemented entirely in OpenGL and designed with speed in mind. Python bindings are available for scripting; import/export features for popular file formats like 3D Studio and Wavefront Obj are implemented as scripts by the community. Stills, animations, models for games or other third party engines and interactive content in the form of a standalone binary and/or a web plug-in are common products of Blender use.
- The goal of the CGAL Project is to provide easy access to efficient and reliable geometric algorithms in the form of a C++ library. CGAL is used in various areas needing geometric computation, such as: computer graphics, scientific visualization, computer aided design and modeling, geographic information systems, molecular biology, medical imaging, robotics and motion planning, mesh generation, numerical methods...
CGAL offers data structures and algorithms like triangulations (2D constrained triangulations and Delaunay triangulations in 2D and 3D), Voronoi diagrams (for 2D and 3D points, 2D additively weighted Voronoi diagrams, and segment Voronoi diagrams), Boolean operations on polygons and polyhedra, arrangements of curves and their applications (2D and 3D envelopes, Minkowski sums) mesh generation (2D Delaunay mesh generation and 3D surface mesh generation, skin surfaces), geometry processing (surface mesh simplification, subdivision and parameterization, as well as estimation of local differential properties, and approximation of ridges and umbilics), alpha shapes, convex hull algorithms (in 2D, 3D and dD), operations on polygons (straight skeleton and offset polygon), search structures (kd trees for nearest neighbor search, and range and segment trees), interpolation (natural neighbor interpolation and placement of streamlines), shape analysis, fitting, and distances (smallest enclosing sphere of points or spheres, smallest enclosing ellipsoid of points, principal component analysis), and kinetic data structures. All these data structures and algorithms operate on geometric objects like points and segments, and perform geometric tests on them. These objects and predicates are regrouped in CGAL Kernels.
- CGKit (Python Computer Graphics Kit)
- The Python Computer Graphics Kit is a collection of Python modules that contain the basic types and functions to be able to create 3D computer graphics images (focusing on Pixar's RenderMan interface).
- Castle Game Engine
- Castle Game Engine is a cross-platform 3D and 2D game engine for Object Pascal (FPC and Lazarus). - It supports many formats for game assets, including X3D, VRML, Collada, Spine JSON, MD3 and others. - Many graphic effects are possible, including bump mapping, shadows, shaders, mirrors, screen effects. - Animation, collision detection, 3D sound and more features are available. - An extensible system of 3D objects can be used, with out-of-the-box levels, items, intelligent creatures and more. - The engine is portable -- for desktop, mobile, web plugin. The engine is also used to develop view3dscene - a full-featured X3D / VRML browser and a viewer for many other 3D and 2D game formats.
- cl-ana is a library of modular utilities for reasonably high performance data analysis & visualization using Common Lisp. (Reasonably means I have to be able to use it for analyzing particle accelerator data). The library is made of various sublibraries and is designed in a very bottom-up way so that if you don't care about some feature you don't have to load it.
The functionality support so far are
- Tabular data analysis: Read-write of large datasets stored in HDF5 files are supported, along with ntuple datasets, CSVs, and in-memory data tables. Users can add their own table types by defining 4 methods and extending the table CLOS type.
- Histograms: Binned data analysis is supported with both contiguous and sparse histogram types; functional interface is provided via map (which allows reduce/fold) and filter.
- Plotting: Uses gnuplot for plotting dataset samples, plain-old lisp functions, histograms, strings-as-formulae, and anything else the user wishes to add via methods on a couple of generics.
- Fitting: Uses GSL for non-linear least squares fitting. Uses plain-old lisp functions as the fit functions and can fit against dataset samples, histograms, and whatever the user adds.
- Generic mathematics: CL doesn't provide extendable math functions, so cl-ana provides these as well as a convenient mechanism (a single function) for using these functions instead of the non-extendable versions. Already included are error propogation and quantities (values with units, e.g. 5 meters) as well as a GNU Octave-style handling of sequences (e.g. (+ (1 2) (3 4)) --> (4 6)).
- Coin is a platform-independent retained-mode 3D graphics library that uses scene-graph data structures to render real-time graphics+suitable for mostly all kinds of scientific and engineering visualization applications. It is fully compatible with Open Inventor 2.1. Coin is built on the OpenGL immediate-mode rendering library, adds abstractions for higher-level primitives, provides 3D interactivity, increases programmer convenience and productivity, and contains optimization features for fast +rendering that are transparent for the application programmer.
- Compiz is the result of the re-unification of the Beryl-project and the community around the Compiz Window Manager. It seeks to provide an easy and fun-to-use windowing environment, allowing use of the graphics hardware to provide impressive effects, amazing speed and unrivalled usefulness. The first Compiz Fusion developer release was Compiz Fusion 0.5.2 on August 13th 2007.
- Compiz Plugins- Extra
- This is the Extra plugin package for Compiz.
- Compiz Plugins- Main
- This is the Main plugin package for Compiz.
- 'Cpsed' is a OpenGL 3D scene editor. It lets you import .3ds model files and position, rotate and scale each of them. It features open, save, and delete functions. The 3ds loader also loads the textures in JPG/BMP/TGA format. Support for DFF Renderware is planned. The scene file save format is pure ascii with comma separated values.
- Drqueue is a distributed rendering queue. It manages jobs on a renderfarm. It supports Maya, Blender, and Bmrt (Renderman) out of the box, and can support any other renderer or computing task that can be handled via scripting. The package has three tools: master, slave and drqman. The master acts as a server where tasks are stored and where computers running slaves report success or failure in executing tasks. The slaves run on every node of the renderfarm. They report load average; if it is below a set level, they are available for rendering and take the first task assigned by the master server. drqman is a GUI for controlling jobs and computers.
- Drishti stands for vision or insight in Sanskrit, an Indian language. Drishti has been developed keeping in mind the end-use : visualizing tomography data, electron-microscopy data, etc. Understanding the data set is important and conveying that understanding to the research community or a lay person is equally important. Drishti is aiming for both. The central idea about Drishti is that the scientists should be able to use it for exploring volumetric datasets as well as use it in presentations.
- EMAN is a scientific image processing suite designed mainly to perform single-particle reconstructions of individual molecules. In this method, a transmission electron microscope is used to collect images of thousands of individual molecules. A complex series of algorithms then turns the individual 2D images into a high-resolution 3D structure of the molecule. The core of EMAN is a C++ based scientific image processing library.
- Emerald- Compiz Theme Manager
- Emerald controls the appearance of your window borders in Compiz. It allows you to install, edit and switch between various themes.
- Equalizer is a framework for the development and deployment of parallel OpenGL applications. An Equalizer application can run unmodified on any visualization system, from a singlepipe workstation to large scale graphics clusters and multi-GPU workstations. Equalizer is built upon a scalable OpenGL-based programming interface solving problems that are common to any multipipe application. The API is minimally invasive, making application porting as easy as possible while delivering maximum performance.
- Experimental Robotics Framework
- The Experimental Robotics Framework is a framework for developing composable applications. The idea is to develop software components that interact with others previously developed in other applications and other components developed by other researchers. It is not a new concept in the field, it is very similar to IBM eclipse but in this case for 3d applications and based on C++ instead of Java.
- "flam3' renders fractal flames as described on http://flam3.com. It is an advanced version of the Gimp plug-in. The package includes flam3-animate, which makes animations; flam3-render, which makes still images; and flam3-genome, which creates and manipulates genomes (parameter sets).
- FreeCAD is an CAx RAD based on OpenCasCade, Qt and Python. It features some key concepts like Macro recording, Workbenches, ability to run as a server and dynamically loadable Application extensions and it is designed to be platform independent.
- This is a candidate for deletion: Links broken. No links to page. Email to maintainer broken. Poppy-one (talk) 02:32, 31 July 2018 (EDT) FreeWRLDI (FreeWRLduneInputDevice), together with FreeWRL, lets you "hover" through 3D data in the Web with 4 degree of freedom input devices. It is based on FreeWRL's "/tmp/inpdev" extern sensor input interface and white_dune's input device mechanism.
- The GTO format's primary usage is storage of static geometric data. The types of data you might find in a GTO file are things like polygonal meshes, various types of subdivision surfaces, NURBS or UBS surfaces, coordinate systems, hierarchies of objects, material bindings, and even images. "GTO' is used at Tweak Films to streamline the modeling, animation, rendering, and 3-D paint processes. It includes source code for a Maya plug-in, various command line tools, a Wavefront .obj parser, and a Python module for reading and writing GTO files. There is also an emacs mode gto-mode.el for editing GTO text files.
Permission is granted to copy, distribute and/or modify this document under the terms of the GNU Free Documentation License, Version 1.3 or any later version published by the Free Software Foundation; with no Invariant Sections, no Front-Cover Texts, and no Back-Cover Texts. A copy of the license is included in the page “GNU Free Documentation License”.
The copyright and license notices on this page only apply to the text on this page. Any software or copyright-licenses or other similar notices described in this text has its own copyright notice and license, which can usually be found in the distribution or license text itself.