- GSEGrafix is an application which produces high-quality graphical plots for science and engineering. Plots are specified via simple ASCII parameter files and data files and are presented in an anti-aliased GNOME canvas. The program supports rectangular two-dimensional plots, histograms, polar-axis plots and three-dimensional plots. Plots can be printed or saved to BMP, JPEG or PNG image formats. GSEGrafix can also be run both from a command prompt and from Octave.
- kmplot is a mathematical function plotter for the KDE desktop. A powerful parser is included. You can plot different functions simultaneously and combine their function terms to build new functions. kmplot supports functions with parameters and functions in polar coordinates. Several grid modes are possible. Plots may be printed with high precision in correct scale.
- Kpl is a program for two- and three-dimensional graphical presentation of data sets and functions. It performs multidimensional nonlinear parameter fits of functions to data sets using the Levenberg-Marquardt algorithm; general linear least square parameter fits are also possible. Other applications and scripts can control Kpl through a D-BUS interface. All presentation settings may be saved in plot files. Both plot and data files may be chosen by command line parameters, through the File menu, or by drag and drop. The program supports automatic scaling and normalization as well as automatic parameter fits. Presentation settings can be changed using the Edit menu. Additional data sets and functions can be displayed in the either the same or a different data window.
- LibreOffice is the power-packed personal productivity suite that gives you six feature-rich applications for all your document production and data processing needs: Writer, Calc, Impress, Draw, Math and Base. There are also a good and growing number of free software extensions and templates available. LibreOffice is a fork of OpenOffice.org, which is now called Apache OpenOffice. Because Apache OpenOffice hosts and recommends using proprietary extensions, we do not recommend using it.
- This is a text editor for writing math lessons and providing tools for doing all the exercises from elementary school to junior high. The software is especially designed to fulfil the needs of disabled pupils, and pupils suffering from dyspraxia in particular. The program manages the child's documents like a notebook, organized with chapters, and separating lessons, exercises and evaluations, making it very easy to navigate through the documents.
- Mpmath is a pure-Python library for multiprecision floating-point arithmetic. It provides an extensive set of transcendental functions, unlimited exponent sizes, complex numbers, interval arithmetic, numerical integration and differentiation, root-finding, linear algebra, and much more. Almost any calculation can be performed just as well at 10-digit or 1000-digit precision, and in many cases pmath implements asymptotically fast algorithms that scale well for extremely high precision work.
If available, mpmath will (optionally) use gmpy to speed up high precision operations. If matplotlib is available, mpmath also provides a convenient plotting interface.
Its features include:
- Fair performance -- typically 10-100x faster than Python's decimal library
- Transcendental functions -- all functions from Python's math and cmath modules, plus a few more like gamma, factorial, erf
- Complex numbers -- with support for transcendental functions
- Directed rounding -- floor, ceiling, down, up, half-down, half-up, half-even
- Unlimited exponents -- no overflow or underflow
- The interval package for real-valued interval arithmetic allows one to evaluate functions over subsets of their domain. All results are verified, because interval computations automatically keep track of any errors. These concepts can be used to handle uncertainties, estimate arithmetic errors and produce reliable results. Also it can be applied to computer-assisted proofs, constraint programming, and verified computing. The implementation is based on interval boundaries represented by binary64 numbers and is conforming to IEEE Std 1788-2015, IEEE standard for interval arithmetic.
- openPlaG is a PHP based function graph plotter for the use on websites. openPlaG allows the display of up to three function graphs, their derivative and their integral. It can compute several different functions.
- Plotutils is a package for plotting and working with 2D graphics. It includes a library, "libplot", for C and C++ for exporting 2D vector graphics in many file formats. It also has support for 2D vector graphics animations. The package also contains command-line programs for plotting scientific data.
- PLplot is a software package for creating scientific plots whose plot symbols and text are limited in practice only by what Unicode-aware system fonts are installed on a user's computer. The package includes a core C library, separate language bindings for that library, and separate dynamically loaded device drivers which control how the plots are presented in non interactive and interactive plotting contexts. The PLplot core library can be used to create standard x-y plots, semi-log plots, log-log plots, contour plots, 3D surface plots, mesh plots, bar charts and pie charts. Multiple graphs (of the same or different sizes) may be placed on a single page, and multiple pages are allowed for those device formats that support them. PLplot bindings exist for many compiled and interpreted languages, including C, C++, Lisp, Lua, OCaml, Octave, Perl or Python.
- PuffinPlot is a user-friendly, cross-platform program which analyses and plots palaeomagnetic data. It provides several plot types and analysis functions commonly used in palaeomagnetism, user-configurable graph layout, CSV data export, and SVG and PDF graph export. It has facilities for both interactive and bulk analysis, and can also be controlled and extended using any JVM-based scripting language (including Python). PuffinPlot is written in Java.
- Finds folding sequences to approximately locate any point in a square using a small number of folds.
- SciGraphica is a scientific application for data analysis and technical graphics. It pretends to be a clone of the popular commercial (and expensive) application "Microcal Origin". It fully supplies plotting features for 2D, 3D and polar charts. You can plot functions and manipulate data in worksheets, insert Python expression into them, and open several worksheets and plots and work with them interactively and at the same time. Plots are fully configurable using a control panel dialog. You can also import/export in XML format.
- SimThyr is a continuous simulation program for pituitary-thyroid feedback control. Applications of this program cover research, including development of hypotheses, and education of students in biology and medicine, nurses and patients. SimThyr is based on a physiologically-grounded nonlinear mathematical theory of thyroid homeostasis. The application supports simulation in time domain and various methods of sensitivity analysis. Source code is provided for Lazarus and Free Pascal. The program is compatible with most desktop Linux distributions, Mac OS X and Windows.
- Snow Path Formation Simulator
- Snow Path Formation Simulator is a program that models the process of people forming very distinct, and yet not always altogether logical looking, paths in the snow as they walk across open spaces. The evolving condition of the snow is displayed graphically. This project may eventually mature into a screensaver.
- Tochnog is a explicit/implicit finite element program with linear/nonlinear, contact, thermal, elastic/hyperelastic/hypoelastic/plastic/visco, and fluid capabilities. Both parallel and distributed solvers are available, as well as 2D beams and trusses.
- TensorFlow™ is an open source software library for numerical computation using data flow graphs. Nodes in the graph represent mathematical operations, while the graph edges represent the multidimensional data arrays (tensors) communicated between them. The flexible architecture allows you to deploy computation to one or more CPUs or GPUs in a desktop, server, or mobile device with a single API. TensorFlow was originally developed by researchers and engineers working on the Google Brain Team within Google's Machine Intelligence research organization for the purposes of conducting machine learning and deep neural networks research, but the system is general enough to be applicable in a wide variety of other domains as well.
- Unit Circle
- Unit Circle shows the relationship between angles and trigonometric functions like sine and cosine. To do this, the program implements an interactive "unit circle" (radius = 1) diagram, where the user can click or drag to set angles and see how the values of trigonometric functions change accordingly.
- VStar is a multi-platform, easy-to-use variable star data visualization and analysis tool that was originally developed as part of the AAVSO's Citizen Sky project. Data for a star can be read from the AAVSO International Variable Star Photometric database or from a text file of your own creation.
- Veusz is a GUI scientific plotting and graphing package. It is designed to produce publication-ready Postscript, PDF or SVG output. In Veusz plots are created by building up plotting widgets with a powerful and consistent object-based interface. The program also provides a command line and scripting interface (based on Python) to its plotting facilities. It can also act as a Python plotting module. Data can be read from text, CSV or FITS files, and data can be manipulated or examined from within the application.
Permission is granted to copy, distribute and/or modify this document under the terms of the GNU Free Documentation License, Version 1.3 or any later version published by the Free Software Foundation; with no Invariant Sections, no Front-Cover Texts, and no Back-Cover Texts. A copy of the license is included in the page “GNU Free Documentation License”.
The copyright and license notices on this page only apply to the text on this page. Any software or copyright-licenses or other similar notices described in this text has its own copyright notice and license, which can usually be found in the distribution or license text itself.