- 'GraphicsMagick' is a collection of tools and libraries which support reading, writing, and manipulating an image in over 88 major formats including popular formats like TIFF, JPEG, JPEG-2000,PNG, PDF, PhotoCD, SVG, and GIF. A high-quality 2D renderer is included, which provides a subset of SVG capabilities. It supports C, C++, Perl, Java, PHP, Python, and Ruby. Originally based on ImageMagick, GraphicsMagick focuses on performance, minimizing bugs, and providing stable APIs and ABIs.
- ImageMagick displays and manipulates images under the X Window System. Currently, ImageMacgick can:
- Convert an image from one format to another (e.g. TIFF to JPEG)
- Resize, rotate, sharpen, color reduce, or add special effects to an image
- Create a montage of image thumbnails
- Create a transparent image suitable for use on the Web
- Turn a group of images into a GIF animation sequence
- Create a composite image by combining several separate images
- Draw shapes or text on an image
- Decorate an image with a border or frame
- Describe the format and characteristics of an image
- Inkscape is an SVG editor. Supported SVG features include basic shapes, paths, text, alpha blending, transforms, gradients, filters, node editing, PNG export, grouping, and more. It is meant to provide the free software community with a fully XML, SVG, and CSS2 compliant SVG drawing tool.
- 'ivtools' is a collection of drawing editors for PostScript, TeX, and Web graphics with both direct-manipulation and scriptable user interfaces.
- 'Jpegpixi' interpolates pixels in JFIF images (commonly referred to as "JPEG images"). This is useful to correct images from a digital camera with CCD defects. For example, if one pixel is always bright green, it can be interpolated away with jpegpixi. Jpegpixi tries to preserve the quality of the JFIF image as much as possible. Most programs decode JFIF images when they are loaded, and re-encode them when they are saved; this results in an overall loss of quality. Jpegpixi, on the other hand, manipulates the encoded image data. The blocks containing the pixels to be interpolated are minimally disturbed, and other blocks remain pixel-by-pixel identical to the original image.
- KiCad is electronic design automation (EDA) software made for designing schematics of electronic circuits and printed circuit boards (PCB). KiCad is developed by the KiCad Developers Team, and features an integrated environment with schematic capture, bill of materials list, PCB layout and much more. KiCad is cross-platform, written with WxWidgets and runs on FreeBSD, Linux, Microsoft Windows and Mac OS X. A lot of component libraries are available. Also migrating tools for components are available (from other EDA software tools). File formats are plain text and well documented, which is good for CVS or Subversion and to make automated component generation scripts. Multiple languages are supported, such as English, Portuguese, Spanish, Czech, Polish, French, German, and Russian. The 3D PCB viewer use 3D model from Wings3D CAD.
- Knotter is a customizable interlace designer. Interlace patterns are a kind of design historically used as a decorations in many places and by different cultures. Some examples are Celtic knotworks and Islamic interlaces. Knotter aims to allow its user to intuitively design such patterns and to provide easy ways to integrate the result in external general-purpose graphic software for this purpose designs created within Knotter can be saved in a custom Human-Readable format and exported as scalable vector graphics and in a wide number of raster image formats.
- 'KolourPaint' is an easy-to-use paint program for KDE. Features include undo/redo, more than a dozen tools, selections, transparent image editing and zoom support (with an optional grid and thumbnail).
- Krita is a digital painting application for creating art from start to finish, suitable for concept art, texture, matte painting, illustrations and comics.
Krita is primarily designed for free-hand drawing purpose. It has an extensive, highly-customizable brush engine and a sophisticated layer system. It allows non-destructive image editing through transparency / transformation / filter masks. It supports raster graphics, SVG vector graphics and frame-based animation. The application supports full color management and it can handle HDR image editing and proofing. It has an intuitive, non-intrusive UI design. It is optimized for multi-core CPUs and uses OpenGL for canvas acceleration and display enhancements.
Krita is a cross-platform application. It supports Windows, Linux and Mac OSX.
Krita is written in C++, based on KDE Framworks and Qt, supports Python scripting extensions.
- Feature highlights: https://krita.org/features/highlights/
- This is a text editor for writing math lessons and providing tools for doing all the exercises from elementary school to junior high. The software is especially designed to fulfil the needs of disabled pupils, and pupils suffering from dyspraxia in particular. The program manages the child's documents like a notebook, organized with chapters, and separating lessons, exercises and evaluations, making it very easy to navigate through the documents.
Permission is granted to copy, distribute and/or modify this document under the terms of the GNU Free Documentation License, Version 1.3 or any later version published by the Free Software Foundation; with no Invariant Sections, no Front-Cover Texts, and no Back-Cover Texts. A copy of the license is included in the page “GNU Free Documentation License”.
The copyright and license notices on this page only apply to the text on this page. Any software or copyright-licenses or other similar notices described in this text has its own copyright notice and license, which can usually be found in the distribution or license text itself.