- SimpleScreenRecorder is a graphical tool that lets you record videos, with or without sound, of your desktop, of your games… It can record in various formats, with different quality settings.
- Strawberry is a audio player and music collection organizer. It's based on Clementine with the Amarok 1.4 look and feel especially aimed at audiophiles. The name is inspired by the band Strawbs.
- GNOME Videos, formerly known as Totem, is a media player for the GNOME desktop based on GStreamer. It features a playlist, a full-screen mode, seek and volume controls, as well as complete keyboard navigation. Apart from a media player, it also includes a Mozilla plugin, and a Nautilus thumbnailer and properties page.
- It allows you to watch videos and download content. Tribler aims to combine the ease of Youtube.com with the performance of peer-to-peer. Tribler is backwards compatible with the BitTorrent download protocol. To discover interesting content standard RSS feeds with .torrent links are supported plus the "Tribe protocol" which automatically scans the network for available BitTorrent swarms upon startup. Tribler uses an embedded web browser to access video clips of Youtube.com and Liveleak.com. Other features are "People who like this also like" for recommending related swarms, the ability to make friends, and to donate idle upload capacity to friends. The later can improve download speed by a factor of two on asymmetric Internet links. The fastest way of social file sharing.
- UnTV is a DRM-free media center platform for home theater computers, allowing users to browse a large catalog of content available via BitTorrent and instantly stream that content, providing an experience similar to that of Netflix. UnTV is controllable via touchscreen devices on the same local network or the keyboard and exposes an API for developing extensions and plugins.
- VLC media player
- VLC (initially VideoLAN Client) is a highly portable multimedia player for various audio and video formats (MPEG-2, MPEG-4, H.264, DivX, WebM, WMV, MP3, Ogg, as well as numerous others) as well as DVDs, VCDs, and various streaming protocols. It can also be used as a server to stream in unicast or multicast in IPv4 or IPv6 on a high-bandwidth network.
- youtube-dl is a small command-line program to download videos from YouTube and a lot more sites like Dailymotion and Vimeo (https://rg3.github.io/youtube-dl/supportedsites.html).
Permission is granted to copy, distribute and/or modify this document under the terms of the GNU Free Documentation License, Version 1.3 or any later version published by the Free Software Foundation; with no Invariant Sections, no Front-Cover Texts, and no Back-Cover Texts. A copy of the license is included in the page “GNU Free Documentation License”.
The copyright and license notices on this page only apply to the text on this page. Any software or copyright-licenses or other similar notices described in this text has its own copyright notice and license, which can usually be found in the distribution or license text itself.