Status Report 14 April, 2011
- Staging server: We have created a staging server called directory-dev.fsf.org; if you want access, simply log-in with your FSF account and then email me (jgay) and I will give you administrative access.
- Data migration: To the best of our knowledge, anyhow. We believe we have successfully moved all of the data from the existing directory.fsf.org over to the wiki.
- Forms/Templates: Are not yet complete, but we are rapidly approaching completion. When this is complete, testing and review will need to be done before we can launch. Further notes on workflow below; although detailed documentation on how this wiki is organized (Properties, Templates, Forms, et al) is not yet completed.
- Backlog of work: There is a backlog of work (updates and new submissions). We will likely create an RT queue to deal with such work. Eventually we may be able to move task-management over to the wiki itself, but, currently such requests are in RT.
Our basic workflow is that users with administrative credentials will be able to edit and post entires to the directory. Such entries can be made visible to internal search and querying of the wiki as well as crawled by search engines. The entires can be added or edited using a form, Form:Entry (creation of detailed documentation for how forms, templates, etc. are organized should be coming soon).
Users without administrative credentials will not be able to edit pages/entries within the Main namespace. However, they will be able to contribute new submissions to the Review namespace. Pages in this namespace will not appear in search results or queries on the site, nor will they be crawled by search engines. Users will be able to submit new entries using the form, Form:Submit.
When Entries have been approved, administrators can move them from the Review namespace over to the Main namespace for official publication on the Free Software Directory.
Scripting Lanuages just have empty pages
Is there a particular reason why popular scripting languages, have empty pages with no content. Perhaps people actually browse the free software directory and might be deterred and uncertain as to whether the scripting languages are free (as in freedom) when they find an empty page.
- You are right, these do deserve entries. I figured out the reason the pages were created blank -- it's nothing special, more of a mishap than something intentional. Basically the pages used to have the license for Perl, Ruby, and Python respectively; when the licenses were moved over to License:Perl, License:Python, License:Ruby, the normal pages were left behind as blank pages -- probably due to an unintential space or blank line. --Jgay (talk) 15:11, 12 April 2013 (EDT)
Spam and 404s
Suggestion: page for each KOffice component (or Calligra)
After LibreOffice, this is probably the most powerful spreadsheet software we have, so it's worth adding.
The Calligra software seems to be totally missing. Calligra is a fork of KOffice and has, AFAICT, replaced KOffice.
I haven't looked at how the directory usually handles this, but I'm guessing the best fix for the search problem is to make separate entries for each component of KOffice (and other "suites"). Each component is a big program and there's useful things to say about each.
A less useful alternative would be to add KOffice to each of the categories such as Category/Business/spreadsheet... This would be less useful, but it's easy to do, so it could be a good temporary measure.
Then, to fix the problem of Calligra being absent, I'd think about renaming the KOffice page(s) to Calligra. At a glance, it seems that Calligra has been accepted as the replacement to KOffice, so KOffice is only of historical interest. Even kde.org's office page promotes the Calligra programs (Words, Sheets, Stage...) instead of the KOffice ones:  A note at the top of the Calligra pages would suffice: ("Formerly KSheets, part of KOffice").
Amani Kingdom of cleaning services, pest control company
Amani Kingdom company that provides all that is new insect spraying insecticides effective counter to eliminate insects and destroy it properly and pest control means full comfort for the owners of the house, especially the separation of the summer is the best Eshrkat our (control companies in Al-Kharj) and best ([control companies Baha]) We also Other services, including the ([link anti-insect door) best pest control companies in Saudi Arabia ([link Pest Control in Khamis Mushayt Services])
It is best cleaning services also (cleaning company in Khamis Mushayt) and (best cleaning company houses Almazahmia), and other services available to us, including the best integrated home services (Carpet Cleaning Company Baha) and services are also better integrated household services including (cleaning company and isolate the tanks in Khamis Mushayt) and also mission services at home that give delight in a home upholstery cleaning services (cleaning sofa in Khamis Mushayt), one of the important services for the cleanliness of the house and our serviceslink Carpet Cleaning Company Baha
Permission is granted to copy, distribute and/or modify this document under the terms of the GNU Free Documentation License, Version 1.3 or any later version published by the Free Software Foundation; with no Invariant Sections, no Front-Cover Texts, and no Back-Cover Texts. A copy of the license is included in the page “GNU Free Documentation License”.
The copyright and license notices on this page only apply to the text on this page. Any software or copyright-licenses or other similar notices described in this text has its own copyright notice and license, which can usually be found in the distribution or license text itself.